Darkwater Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darkwater Forum

A place for staff and players to come together for discussions regarding Darkwater MUX.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crafting ideas

Go down 
+2
Textbook
Purple
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thenomain

Crafting ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting ideas   Crafting ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:30 pm

As per the book's extended action system. Each extended action has two components: Target (the number of successes required) and time per roll.

If a crafting attempt was 1 day per roll, and there had been 3 rolls, it would take three days.

When these 3 days would begin is a question I can't answer so early in system development. I would be most tempted to say from the first actual +roll to the job, or when staff verifies that the request for crafting itself is valid, but as you can see I'm already making statements that require a rule be written for it.
Back to top Go down
sanger

PostSubject: Re: Crafting ideas   Crafting ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:27 pm

So now that we know the task is 3 days, and we have an understanding that it might start at some point related to the +request be it when the rolls start, or when the request went it, and the person needs "three days" how do you decide if they work at a pace taking 3 actual days, and that they are busy with it for "three days", and when they are done that they have "three days" less? How do we track this time used? How about accounting for tasks that don't take +requests? And how much time can be devoted to it? Does having a team mate help reduce time?

My ideas were put to staff before, and not accepted. So, if things that have been said before aren't up for public exposure, discussion or review, you two should really hash this out among yourselves, or ask for input from players who haven't been heard.

Back to top Go down
Thenomain

PostSubject: Re: Crafting ideas   Crafting ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 am

Sanger, we do hope that people who haven't been heard would post in threads like these, advertised upon the public boards. There is always more we can do, but for the moment this is where we are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafting ideas   Crafting ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafting ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2