Darkwater Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darkwater Forum

A place for staff and players to come together for discussions regarding Darkwater MUX.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wikijobs when PCs are approved?

Go down 
+2
Bea
Cobalt
6 posters

Start wikijob when new PCs are approved?
Yes
Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Vote_lcap15%Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
No
Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Vote_lcap85%Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Cobalt

Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Empty
PostSubject: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Should we start a wiki +job when new PCs approved? So that our wikisprites know and can make a wikipage shell for the new PC? It would basically be setting the barebones in place, and let the player of the NPC fill out the details later. Also put newbies who need help in quick connection to the wiki sprites?

Yay or nay?
Back to top Go down
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:27 pm

I'd say no. As someone who goes through character pretty frequently, I often wait to put up a page intentionally while I decide whether the character is going to stick, making it worth the effort of a wiki. If /I'm/ not willing to put that much effort into a PC, I sure don't think it's right to obligate one of the Sprites to do it.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Nay to the job, but I don't think that it would hurt to make sure newly approved players know who the wikisprites are, and that they can @mail them if they need help getting a page up. As Bea says, often a newly approved character doesn't really 'stick', or has a very short shelf life, so I think players should be at liberty to decide when they feel the character 'deserves' the work of a page.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Thomas wrote:
Nay to the job, but I don't think that it would hurt to make sure newly approved players know who the wikisprites are, and that they can @mail them if they need help getting a page up.

That can be easily added to the @mail folks get when their app approved, if that's what folks would approved.
Back to top Go down
Dana

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:26 am

I like Thomas' suggestion. It offers more flexibility to those of us who may be new to this particular game but not necessarily to making wikis. Personally, I enjoy building my own and personalizing it within the boundaries set up for the wiki. But others may not, and I think its a good idea to know who the wikisprites are so they know who to ask for help. Smile
Back to top Go down
NotOtter

NotOtter

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 am

I generally trust that people who need help will tap me on the shoulder to ask for it. Sometimes I go out of my way to ask if I see they've been approved for a while but still don't have a page up, but I don't think this in general is an area of concern. We're pretty up to date.
Back to top Go down
Kailin

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 am

I'd go with Thomas' suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wikijobs when PCs are approved?   Wikijobs when PCs are approved? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wikijobs when PCs are approved?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkwater Forum :: General-
Jump to: